Brussels in a flash


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

molecule buildingmolecule buildingmolecule building

Built for the 1957 world trade fair, is only one of the two remaining buildings. There are viewing platforms and art galleries in the atoms.
Our visit to Belgium and Brussels in particular ended up being quite a whirlwind visit. This was our last destination for visiting and quite frankly - we were OVER IT! So we decided to park our van in the city, jump on a 'jump on jump off tour bus' that we didnt plan to jump off, and we toured the whole city and its sites with commentary. This was a great way to see a lot in a short time. We then stopped at a belgium chocolate shop and bought some genuine praline goodies (sorry but we cannot take these home with us so we will have to finish them off!) and then headed to PIZZA HUT for a genuine Belgium lunch (sorry, not very european but boy was it delicious - we are pretty sick and tired of deep fried food like schnitzel and cordon blu and Fries - well, Craig is not sick of Fries, but Kellie is!)

So a total of three hours, and we were gone again. We decided to drive to Frankfurt a day early rather than stay in Brussels for a night, because it dawned on us that with our flight being at 12.45pm on Friday, there was no way we would be able to drive to Frankfurt, clean the whole inside of the camper, return the camper and do paperwork etc, and get to the airport by 9.45pm, so we took all of thursday to do all that, and we returned the camper a night early so there was no way we could miss our flight. Whilst annoying that we lost a night of the van that we had paid for, it was worth it for peace of mind. It was also really really nice to stay in a hotel on our last night, with a bit of room, and space, and a Tv, and luxury like a bathroom. So we had coffee and Belgium chocolates in bed tonight - what a great end to our holiday.

BUNDY, MAGGIE...... WE WILL BE HOME SOON!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Brussels siteseeingBrussels siteseeing
Brussels siteseeing

The Royal Palace
Brussels siteseeingBrussels siteseeing
Brussels siteseeing

Memorial built by the King in the 1800s that is very reminiscent of the arch de triumph - he also built a road that was similar to the Champs Elise - 80% of the town are French speaking so its obvious who they sort to be similar to
Brussels siteseeingBrussels siteseeing
Brussels siteseeing

The home of the European Union
Brussels siteseeingBrussels siteseeing
Brussels siteseeing

Belgium chocolate
Brussels siteseeingBrussels siteseeing
Brussels siteseeing

Belgium chocolate
Returning the vanReturning the van
Returning the van

craig says goodbye
Returning the vanReturning the van
Returning the van

Kellie says goodbye


4th May 2007

home
When do u arrive in Brisbane?

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb