Brussels/Brugge, Belguim


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
June 12th 2006
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I visited Brussels for 2 days in June 2006. This was a beautiful town where you could walk around for ages. They have the newer part of town as well as the old part of town. You can walk around for ages no problem just need the right route.

For me I prefered the Old Town better. The Old Town starts right by the Old Royal Palace and once you walk down the street/stairs you start seeing the old part of town.

Below are some of the sites I saw



Outside of that part you also have the newer part which is the European Union part of the town and newer part with the business centre.

For transportation I took the local transit subways and walking. There subway is based on trust system. Very quick and relaiable. To get to the old part of town. When you walk out of the subway stop you are right by Grand Palace (around 2 blocks). For 10 rides it cost about 10.50 euros.

One thing to watch out for though is that to use the bathroom you have to pay at most places .30 euros or a cost simular. You still have to pay at McDonalds so watch out.

Brugge
This old Europian town was so cool. It had cobble stone streets, old buildings, you can get so lost here. Most of the homes dont even have cars they bike.

One thing they have lots of is churches at least 5. This town goes back to the 1500's They have this river where you can take a boat along and seewhere boats would go as the doors would open to the water.

In one of the churches they have an Michalango sculpture called Madona and child. The town is located about 1 hr from Brussels.

misc Belguim


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb