a night on the town


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Antwerp Province » Antwerp
May 24th 2008
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last full day in Belgium. We are pretty much just relaxing and hanging out. We woke up late anyway after a night on the town last night.

Yesterday during the day, Ria, Noah, and I just kinda strolled the streets in the center of town got a waffle and had a beer. It was probably the nicest weather yet, so it was real nice just to sit outside this restaurant and people-watch. We headed home by mid-afternoon to hang out with Ludo at the house.

For dinner, Ludo BBQed for us. They had two of their neighbors over for it, this one woman whos name I forget, and then Pierre, this older fellow who knows all the bars and clubs in town. He has three sons who are my age and older and he often goes out with them, or as he says they come out with HIM. He also brought over this rum drink that he made called Rumtopf, where basically you add fresh fruit, sugar, and rum to it all year round and let it sit in a cabinet for months at room temperature until you fill it (Eric would probably like it).
Se'pa and WilsonSe'pa and WilsonSe'pa and Wilson

Dogs playing at the BBQ

After the BBQ, we Ria, Noah, Pierre, the other nieghbor, and I went to the center of town to this restaurant. Noah and I had this beer called "Kwak" and I think they were trying to play a trick on us, because if you drink this beer wrong, the glass makes a quacking sound and the beer splashes in your face. To their disappointment, we never quacked.

Next we went to this bar that was filled with kids that looked no older that 18 or 19. It was pretty fun though. They had a lot of wacky things on the wall and cieling, as well as a drink special. After that, we went next door to this Louisiana-style bar called "Cajun Grill". There were different points where there were girls dancing on the bartop, like in Coyote Ugly and it was pretty entertaining, especially when these women over 50 got up there and did their thing. Hahah! Then later we were all kinda jokingly dancing and there were some people that would jump to certain parts of the song, so Noah and I joined in on the jumping. All of a sudden, Ria and her friends were laughing at us and told us jumping to that song meant that we were gay. Slightly embarrassed, we laughed it off. The song was in Flemish and we didn't understand, although I finally realized one lyric of the song was "homo feel".

Two bars later, we were at this classy place called "Motel". They also had hookahs, or as they call it water pipes. Then it was time to go home.

Tonight, Noah and I are going to Brussels for a drink with some Belgian friends of ours who studied abroad at our school Fall semester last year. Then tomorrow, it's off to Amsterdam!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Noah's awesome bedNoah's awesome bed
Noah's awesome bed

Sleeping with the backstreet boys
Cup of coffee with the boysCup of coffee with the boys
Cup of coffee with the boys

Gotta love the BSB


25th May 2008

Actually, if you're NOT gay, you're supposed to jump to those lyrics :) They go like this: "all who don't jump are homophile" 'homo feel' = homofiel = homophile

Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb