Up in the alps now


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
November 3rd 2006
Published: November 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

leaving Veniceleaving Veniceleaving Venice

Sunset over Venice towards Rome

Hi everyone, I am now in Austria and it's snowing, here is my blog update


Day 11 (31st)
Halloween today and we spent that in Venice. This place is very interesting it’s known as the sinking city as it is slowly sinking into the ocean at around 1 foot per 10 years and this is very evident by the level of some of the doorways which need to be boxed in so the sea water doesn’t flood the residence. There are no cars or bikes at all on the main island so everyone gets around on foot or by boat mainly because the streets are so narrow, it’s really cool. After spending the day on the main island of Venice se went back to the mainland and visited some local pubs - a lot of people were dressed up and acting out certain roles according to Halloween, lots of fun all round!

Day 12 (1st)
Today was a day of transit, it took most of the day to drive from Venice to Vienna but the change of country side was so cool as we made our way up to the alps of Austria.

Skipping a bit
sports changed over time...sports changed over time...sports changed over time...

The famous... do I even need to introduce this building... looks amazing by night!!
here because of lack of time….

Day 13 (3rd) I have come down with a cold now, so many people in the coach have become sick due to the partying and close proximity conditions of being on the coach for long periods of time. So I have decided to take it easy and just sleep in, take a look around the city while the others visit a schnaps museum (yes the natives spell schnaps with one p)



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Rome by nightRome by night
Rome by night

The famous... do I even need to introduce this building... looks amazing by night!!
WishfullyWishfully
Wishfully

Throw 3 coins and make a wish... I'll be back!!
VaitcanVaitcan
Vaitcan

Vatican beauty and wealth... THE MOST amazing building / state / country
VaticanVatican
Vatican

Vatican beauty and wealth... THE MOST amazing building / state / country
The colThe col
The col

Col by day... so cool
wanna spar?wanna spar?
wanna spar?

Authentic dress.. these guys try and charge 50+ euros for a picture!! but I can run faster than them :-)
forgiving sinsforgiving sins
forgiving sins

Climbing the stairs on my knees as jesus did to forgive everyones sins - however for me it's a matter of just getting to the top... bit sore on the knees since everyone moves at a snails pace!
VeniceVenice
Venice

Venice by night is very pretty - very relaxed and.. just cool. Nice place indeed
VeniceVenice
Venice

Venice by night is very pretty - very relaxed and.. just cool. Nice place indeed. will be back here sometime!
VeniceVenice
Venice

Venice by night is very pretty - very relaxed and.. just cool. Nice place indeed. will be back here sometime!


8th November 2006

Mummy
Hi Kim, Dad and I are just back from our holiday so have a lot of catching up with your blogs - could not get internet access up there, too remote! Love the pics. glad you are having a goo o o d time. Love Mummy

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 17; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb