Photo update...


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
October 8th 2006
Published: October 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

All the way from the sunny Spanish coast...Jason brings you a few more photos, some of which should have been up ages ago. They go back to Vienna, our time back in England, and our triumphant return to Belgium. Hope you like them.

Jason and Katie


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

See captionSee caption
See caption

Vienna - When you stay in a house with two college guys this is the type of stuff that happens.
Library - University of ViennaLibrary - University of Vienna
Library - University of Vienna

Sigmund Freud taught at this University. Timon, who attends the school, gave us the grand tour.
CandlesCandles
Candles

One of the best churches so far was this one in Vienna, St. Peter's.
Butterfly in ViennaButterfly in Vienna
Butterfly in Vienna

We went into a beautiful butterfly garden in central Vienna. They were everywhere. It was surprising how much I enjoyed the stop.
Katie and TimonKatie and Timon
Katie and Timon

This is our friend from Kingswood in England, Timon. He took us in, showed us Vienna, let us sleep as late as we wanted and became our life-long friend.
Vienna CrewVienna Crew
Vienna Crew

What do 3 Americans, 2 Australians and 1 Austrian have in common? I don't know but we all got along great. Timon (in the hat) was our personal host and local tour guide. Marcus (shorter hair at the top) is from Montana and is studying German and French in Europe for a year. Fynn (not sure if he spells it like that) and Lara are Australian and backpacking much like Katie and I. Oh, and Lara and Timon are cousins.
ViennaVienna
Vienna

Vienna has tons of art and cultural places to hang out. We found the best to be the courtyard in the Museum Quarter. This where we saw the Summer of Love exhibit and chilled on the funky outdoor furniture.
Timon in the Summer of Love exhibitTimon in the Summer of Love exhibit
Timon in the Summer of Love exhibit

Peace, Love, and little colorful fluffy couch rooms...
View from the old palaceView from the old palace
View from the old palace

Up at the top...that's where we ate breakfast.
The view while having traditional Austrian breakfastThe view while having traditional Austrian breakfast
The view while having traditional Austrian breakfast

The old palace below us, we walked up this hill to get breakfast in style. Well worth the hike.
Wine orchardsWine orchards
Wine orchards

Vienna has pretty good wine bars near Timon's house. They should be good, considering the grapes are growing just outside on the hill.
Early morning train back to Tunbridge WellsEarly morning train back to Tunbridge Wells
Early morning train back to Tunbridge Wells

After sleeping on the floor of Stansted Airport, we had two trains to catch to get back to Tunbridge Wells.
Katie's PubKatie's Pub
Katie's Pub

Well, that's not it's name. This is where Katie worked in Tunbridge Wells for three weeks. The Office!!! Woo Woo!!!
BruggeBrugge
Brugge

With canals that seem to come and go from no where, Brugge was a romantic city with an old history-rich feeling to it.
Lace making Lace making
Lace making

Brugge is known for its hand made lace. These women are crazy. They looks like Vegas dealers tossing the spools of thread around. In the end though it comes out beautiful. Another surprise thing that Katie and I enjoyed.
Katie in BruggeKatie in Brugge
Katie in Brugge

I was a little jealous but she made me take the picture anyway.
The biggest Chocolate fountain ever.....The biggest Chocolate fountain ever.....
The biggest Chocolate fountain ever.....

Maybe not, but it got our attention.
Famous statue in BrusselsFamous statue in Brussels
Famous statue in Brussels

Yep, peeing little boy. They're pretty proud of this little guy in Brussels.
Crazy hippie waffle guyCrazy hippie waffle guy
Crazy hippie waffle guy

He was quite anxious to get a few pictures in. The waffles were great!
Street performer, and his owner playing the pianoStreet performer, and his owner playing the piano
Street performer, and his owner playing the piano

Katie and I saw this guy on our first stop in Antwerpen. He sings blues and plays a piano on wheels. The dog is half the act, posing for the crowd and defintely earning half the wages.


9th October 2006

Blogs...
Keep 'em coming...they are wonderful!
13th October 2006

Observations
I noticed you gave the dog top billing in that piano picture. It speaks wonders for the quality of the act.
13th October 2006

Actually...
The guy playing the piano was really good...the dog just had the puppy-dog eyes down and was half of the attention grabber...
20th October 2006

Oh la la...Timon....
Grrrrrrr, baby, very Grrrr.....

Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb