Vienna/Slovakia


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
September 26th 2006
Published: October 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we got the coach into Vienna town. We were over the churches/museum etc so decided to just stroll around shopping through the main street.
Afterwards we jumped in a horse and carriage and had a 45 minute tour through the streets. It was relaxing to just sit as we have done so much walking over the past few days.
We then met back up with the group to go to the Schnaps museum. That was one we weren't going to miss! We got to sample and then purchase some famous Austrian Schnaps. We bought a Absinth kit and Vienna Blood (nicknamed Rocket Fuel). The trip back to the hotel was interesting as everyone had their fare share of alcohol.

SLOVAKIA/BRATISLAVA
Tonight our tour guide organised something a little different. Not everyone had to go but we wanted in for sure (lucky we did this now before we watched the movie Hostel). We got in 4 maxi taxis and made our way across the Austrian border into Eastern Europe - Slovakia. It was only 1.5 hours to get to the capital Bratislava. It was suprisingly nicer than anyone expected. The main town was just like any other tourist town with bars and nice restaurants. We ended up having an awesome Mexican meal for dinner followed by drinks at the Irish Pub. The night overall wasn't much different to anything else we had done but it was another country we could add to our list.

Sorry guys we are having problems with the last 2 weeks worth of photos so they may have to wait till we get back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb