VIENNA


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
August 13th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

My Europe Trip

Started in Stuttgart. Overnight train to Prague (czech republic). then Salzburg. Vienna (both Austria). then onto Croatia via Slovenia.


Well Vienna is a lovely city once you have a good look around! First impressions wernt that great, especially since we were talking to other backpackers who said 4 nights was way too long to stay in this city...
but we were in a great hostel, called WOMBATS, which had a great atmosphere! Met some more Aussies from Melbourne (theyre everywhere!!!) and our dorm buddies were 2 guys from the US. had a fun night out in the ˝WOMBAR˝ with them all and some crazy italians! So on our 1st full day in Vienna (Wed 9th) we went to the Schloss Schoenbrunn, which was absolutely beautiful, esp the gardens! and the sun had finally decided to come out for us so it was a really nice day! Thurs we wnet to the Belvedier Museum and i was further impressed by the artist Klimt. must say that although i dont know much about art and artists, Klimt would have to be one of my favourites. Friday we wnet to the Hofburg and the Museumquarter of the city, and can really understand why Vienna is called the cultural hub of Vienna. The architecture of some of the buildings is amazing. was suprised to see their parliament building fashioned after the Parthenon, with a massive statue of Athena out the front! i felt it didnt quite fit in in Vienna.
Last night out a group of us from the hostel went out into the city to try a few of the local bars and clubs...had a fun night but was pretty tired by the end of it cos the ammount of ppl smoking here is unbelievable!
The most shocking thing about Vienna was (also like Prague and Salzburg) ppl took their dogs with them EVERYWHERE...but here i actually witnissed a lady allowing her dog to take a dump in the middle of the underground train station and then just walk off. IN A TRAIN STATION!!!
but i did enjoy the city, so 1st impressions arent everything i guess!
xoxo mel

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb