Day 4 & 5


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
October 3rd 2010
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey Dudes I'm in Vienna!

Well I left you last time at the bar in Prague and after showing our very drunk bus driver to his room (don't worry he had a day off the next day!) off to bed I went!

Day 4
So the following morning I went on a free guided tour around the city which was interesting and pretty but long and bloody freezing! I did learn though about bananas and communism! Some czech potato soup in a bread bowl warmed me up as did the following visit to the prague sex machine museum which was erm interesting! Especially the hilarious victorian "porn" with charlie chaplin style backing music however my lingering thought was I hope all this stuff has been disinfected! After that we got the tram back to the hostel for a swim and sauna and then to get ready for Bongo Steve's Bday meal. I stuck with the Czech traditions with the beer but failed slightly on the food ordering a pizza on the premise i could save some for today (the one slice that was left did not make a good enough lunch!) After this a few of us went back into the old town to a place called the pub which is a self service pub with beer taps on each table and you pay for what you use...need one of these in Ulverston girls especially to avoid queues in the farmers and globe! After a shaky ride back to the hostel including a 25 minute wait for a tram which then broke down and then turned out to be the wrong tram we got a taxi and made it back about 2am!

Day 5
Left at 8 this morning and headed off to Vienna, Austria via Kutna Hora in the Czech republic. Kutna Hora is the home of the Kustnice Ossuary (church of bones). The local priest decorated the church with the bones of 40 000 dead people who were victims of war and the plague. Really interesting and clever but also a bit morbid and not sure I'd want to spend the night in there! Anyway we left Kutna Hora and after a weird drive through the small and depressing towns of the Czech Republic we crossed the border and a few hours later arrived in the capital Vienna! Not had much chance to explore anything yet apart from the local cafe for tea and chocolate cake but that'll come tomorrow!

Sorry not had a chance to put pics up yet and don't have the facilities here but I promise they'll come soon!

Loves XXXX


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb