Problems with tips, Lippizzaner Stallions


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
August 30th 2010
Published: August 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a tortuous 626 mile journey, which lasted 10 hours, we arrived at our hotel in Vienna. Both very tired. We had a small, cheap meal and off to bed. Parking here is €12 per day so seems almost a bargain and refreshing change from Amsterdam.

The most famous thing to see in Vienna is the summer palace of the late queen called Schonbrunner Palace. We went next morning and it was very nice with beautiful gardens and of course Japanese tourists. However, we are spoilt, is it better than Chatsworth? Well maybe as good but not better.

In the afternoon we went to see the centre of Vienna. This was very pretty also and may have made a better impression on us but it suddenly went cold, windy then rainy. We were in shorts and flip flops so were cold and wet. Back we went to the hotel and out for a pizza where we paid by credit card, however, the waiter kept telling Michelle where to add the tip and finally after three attempts gave up and looked downcast when she refused and pressed the ‘No’ button for tip on the credit card machine.

Saturday brought
Schonbrunner PalaceSchonbrunner PalaceSchonbrunner Palace

Michelle loves the sun and could not wait to explore the centre of Vienna
about one of Terry’s ambitions and we went to see a show at the Spanish Riding School with the famous Lipizzaner stallions. However, stopping on the way for breakfast, Michelle again had a problem tipping. This time the waiter put down her change on the table, Michelle picked up the note to put in her purse leaving, for a nano second, the coins on the table. Our experienced waiter took them like a flash saying “Thank you” as he walked away! Terry had wanted to see the Spanish Riding School since he was about 12 so, even though it was €23 to stand, we went in. This is really like nothing else in the world and Michelle patiently listened whilst Terry explained all the movements of the horses and riders. A great morning before setting off for Budapest.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Vienna CentreVienna Centre
Vienna Centre

Michelle 3 hours later, cold wet and fed up.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb