Aussie aussie aussie


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
January 26th 2006
Published: March 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Australia day, and travelling to Austria. The day on the bus was highlighted by our first touch of snow for the trip, at one of our service stops. We arrived at the hotel at about 5pm to discover a massive pyramid - that was our hotel. Impressed enough by the exterior and massive lounge-bar in reception, me and Ben headed up to the rooms. Since we'd had a great string of hotel rooms, we let andy and justin choose their room first. they were quite happy with the one they walked into. So we headed on to the second room, to discover we got the mansion. a sofa, 2 armchairs, a little side desk, all in a separate room from a massive bedroom with ensuite, the bathroom itself containing 2 sinks and a bath - other rooms only had a shower. After plenty of boasting and showing just about everyone our room, a few of us went down to check out the facilities at the hotel. Apart from the Gym, table tennis and squash rooms, there was an indoor AND an outdoor pool, sauna and spa. The outdoor pool was crazy - it was heated, but since it was so cold outside the whole top was steaming. So after a quick swim it was off to the city, where we witnessed an amazing Mozart and Strauss concert played by a small company of 5 musicians. The night was hardly over, cause next we went to the town hall, a giant castle thing, where we had dinner. Finally, it was off to an Australian bar in Austria to celebrate the day, but it was pretty trash, so a bunch of the group ended up coming to our mansion for a few hours yet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb