What a week and a half!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So now it is time to catch u up all my trip so far! It may not be as detailed as it could be but being able to find the time to do this over the past week or so has been challenging! So where to we start?? Lets see how good my memory is :P

Ok so here we go, are you ready????

MAY 22

Beautiful weather, it was absolutely unheard of here in usually freezing cold london!! It was SO warm that there were men in the streets with their shirts off, crazy!!?? Our first stop was the Waterloo Station (to which EVERYtime i went there got ABBAs waterloo song stuck in my head!!!) then from there we walked to the london eye, i must say the views were beautiful and although it went a little too slow, it was well worth it! After that we caught a ferry from the london eye down the River Thames to the Tower of London and London bridge. We then also checked out Vinopolis (a winewhiskyalcohol in general) thenwe passed Shakespeare Globe (i really wanted to see a show herer but it didnt work out). We finsihed off our day in london at the Tate Modern wehre we saw works from arisits such as Andy Worhol.

Nigels sister and husband took us out for dinner at this really good italian place, YUM!

MAY 23

We made our way to the Portobello Markets which were really cool, alot of the product reminded my of kao san rd in thailand and were quite expensive compared! The food area was AMAZING i havent seen so much fresh fruit and veg in so long!! It seemed only fitting that we grab lunch, to which we took to Hyde Park and ate at the Pter Pan Statue 😊

After that we made our way to the more so tourist destination of Harrods, very cool :P After this we then made our way to the amazing St Pauls Cathedral. For dinner we made our was to Leister Square and went to China Town which was near by, YUM YUM!

MAY 24

Today we started off at Big Ben and Parliement House, with another day of beautiful weather! We then made our was to Westminster Abbey then of too Downing Street which is gated off so all u see is the entrance and the police guys with REAL guns! After this we trekked on past St James Park to Buckingham Palace which is that impressive to say the least. Its alotta concrete and bricks. We then checked out Picadilly Circus and made our way up Regent Street to Oxford dtreet for sum more shopping!! There was this hand bag i liked but i waited too long and sumone else bought it 😞 but i found out u can order it online and get it sent to australia, so tempting....

Today was a really long day of walking around, i was so exhausted!!! Early night for me!!!

MAY 25

Now this was a day of all days!

We were up at 4 in the morning as we have a 7am flight to amsterdam to catch. When we got to Amsterdam i had the great pleasure of having my camera stolen on the tram!!! Grrr.... hopefully insurance will cover it! We then explored around our area where we were staying and had lunch, to which we discovered that this place is EXPENSIVE! While the boys went to the Heinekin Experience, i went to the Van Gough Museum which was really good! This was a long day of walking too, blisters and sore feet galore! That night we went to the Anne Frank Huis which was really cool and amazing, well worth it. We then made our way to the infamous red light district, which wasnt as impressive as it was 9.30pm at night but it was bright as day!!!

MAY 26

Our first day of joining up with BUSABOUT to which we found a majority of the patrons, AUSTRALIAN, man they are everywhere!!! We also went pn the autobarn tp which many ppl were driving crazy fast!!!! We also made stops in both checkpoint alpha and bravo, nothing too interesting though... Our accomodation was really cool and our guide on the bus took us out to the german restaurant which was SO GOOD!!!!

MAY 27

Today we walked to the brandenburg gates to meet up with a tour group that conducts free tours, it took us to brandenburg, the holocust museum, hitlers bunker, checkpoint charlie and museum island, was really cool and we just tipped out guie at the end! We then also checkout this cathedral near by and that night went on a pubcrawl which was lots of fun and lets us bond with out fellow busabout-ers!

MAY 28

Oh the weather was horrible here!!! Wet and rain and COLD!! But we made out way back to checkpoint charlie to checkout the museum then went to the holocust museum which was well worth it, the stories were amazing, this city has so much history!!! We went to the Reichstag which is the world most visited parliment house in the world with 3million visitors a year!!! Afraidly the line is usually long but the rain and cold weather kept alot of ppl away :P

MAY 29

We left berlin for prague via Dresden (home of the VW), i also spoke to DAD today, fancy that?? Was good to hear from u guys :D We also went to Tereyin a POW camp in Czech Republic which was really cool in the sense of making u see what the conditions and what a concentration camp was like. It was still wet and rainy here, brrrrrr COLD!!!! We got taken to a Czech restaurant for tea, SO YUMMY, im eating too well over here!!!

MAY 30

We caught a tram in to Prague town and went to old town sqaure which was beautiful! We saw the Astronomical clock which is really pretty and took another free tour around the city which ended at prague castle. Its the biggest castle in czech and was very impressive and the views of the city were AMAZING! That night we had dinner at the hostel and it was raining pretty badly to go out anywhere, and met a whole bunch of ppl from all over the world and from the other tour groups like Contiki and Topdeck.

MAY 31

Had a unintentional sleep in!!! But was well worth it after all of our crazy intense travelling :P We went back into town and checked out prague castle and Charles Bridge and went back to old town, we also made our way to the shopping district and did some souvinear shopping.

JUNE 1

Off on another bus trip, this time we went via Chesky Kromlov to Vienna and had to say goodbye to a few good friend we had made! What i noticed coming into the city (apart fromt he fact that the weather was finally getting better, was that the scenery of this country is beautiful!!!!!! The hostel we are staying at is really cool, its called Womats and is owned by australians, that night we also went to an australian bar near by and then had sum good ol' aústrian food near by, schnitzel is SO good :D We also did jaegerbombs austrian style, especially since jaegermeister and red bull are both austrian!

JUNE 2

Is today!!! And my feet need a rest from all of our walking and i think my fingues do too after this typing :P Today we went to the Hoffberg Palace, the museum quarter, the opera building, the local market and a few other really cool places. I am liking this city quite alot.

Another day here then we are off to munich after here, looking forward to that!!!
Bye for now,
S.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb