Day 7 & 8 Halstatt & Ice Cave


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Upper Austria » St. Wolfgang
May 10th 2011
Published: May 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Halstatt LakeHalstatt LakeHalstatt Lake

Unesco World Heritage site
Day 7 & 8 Around St Wolfgang
Spent the day on the site, needed to stop for a while, especially as it was such a beautiful location. Ali managed not to work their washing machine & ended up with very wet soapy clothes!! But weather kind and all dried in no time, while we had a beer and watched the yacht sailing on the lake.

Next day we were off to the UNESCO world heritage beauty site of Halstatt. So beautiful .....have a check out of the pictures, the houses are built into the side of the mountain right on the lake. We had a coffee and Ali had apple strudel while Kim had some local pancake thing. This set us up for the trip up the Krippenstein mountain. We took the cable car half way up, the whole journey was not open yet (good thing really because this trip burst our budget!). The stop took us to an ice cave, where , after a 40 minute hike up the hill, we had a tour of the cave. (Along with 40 kids on a school trip!). Quite impressive and cold compared to the heat of the day outside. Finished the day with a BBQ back at our lovely campsite, overlooking the lake.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb