Prepare for everything


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Upper Austria » Hofkirchem im Muhlkreis
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

This is the first blog I have ever written, so dont be to harsh. Well, this one is actually not about travelling yet but about the "how" and "why". Many people start preparing for the personal "Big Trip" months before but most people just talk about that they want to do a world trip but it actually never happens at all. Astrid and I talked about it several times that we want to travel the world once together and we are the rare people who finally had the guts to quit everything and leave. Astrid was working as a stewardess on privately owned luxury yachts while I was working as an engineer in the semiconductor industry. We are both well experienced in terms of travelling as we were on the road, the sea or in the air constantly. But what's going to change significantly on our trip is the level of luxury and comfort. While I am used to four and five star hotels with delicious breakfast, gym, swimming pool when on a customer site, Astrid is familiar with the highest level of luxury possible due to her work on renominated vessels and had to provide the best standard to their guests that they can imagine. And now we will switch to the cheapest hotels with no standard at all. Well if that doesn't get interesting, but I'm sure we will accustomize fast as we aren't hard to please at all. We started to prepare for our 10-month vacation about 4 weeks ago. We both have been very busy to get all our doctor appointments done and buy all the essentials, tools and gadgets that are nowadays necessary for such a trip. But as we read all the journals, tips and tricks and travel guides we realized that having everything planned out mostly doesn't work out for such trips and kills half the fun, so we decided to step back and take it as it comes.

Prepare for nothing, expect everything!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb