Sporthotel Sillian, Our Residence on the Austrian Dolomites


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Sillian
September 7th 2016
Published: September 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We wanted cool weather, pure relaxation, an active lifestyle and healthy food. A trip to the Alps seemed like the perfect way to accomplish all of these goals. Especially when our home would have been the Sporthotel Sillian Dolomiten Residenz in Austria. …The name says it all!



The Austrian Dolomites are less than a 4 hour drive from the north of Italy, where our trip starts… and the road to get there is anything but boring: first the beautiful hills of Veneto, covered with Amarone vineyards, then the fierce mountains of Trentino, scattered with Medieval castles that show their beauty at every turn of the road.



As we arrive to Sillian, we realize that opting for the Dolomiten Residenz Sporthotel was definitely the right choice. From the beautiful lobby one can enjoy a stunning view over the mountains dotted with beautiful spotted cows. The colors are so vibrant that I feel like I have never seen meadows this green before!



The interior is also impeccable: minimalistic decor, unpolished wooden doors and led lighting give the ambiance a sophisticated look, sleek and rustic at the same time.



After our arrival, we learn that not only does the hotel belong to the network of “Leading Spa Resorts” and has amazing facilities; the food (all complementary) is exactly what we were hoping for! A massive buffet covered with tens of bowls of salads, raw and cooked vegetables, and fish awaits us every day.



The property is conveniently located at the feet of the gondola and at the crossroad between some stunning hiking and biking trails. We rented mountain bikes and rode our way to Italy one day and to Lienz the other day. Like it was nothing…



Having muscle pain has never felt better given the amazing spa therapies we indulged in afterwards!The treatments were so good and so reasonably priced that we literally killed the spa! Couple massage with rosemary oil, Arnica peeling wrap, and Almond oil foot reflexology were just a few of my favorites



And afterwards, hanging out at the spa couldn’t be any more entertaining: 6 different types of saunas, ultraviolet and infrared beds, relaxing water pads and steam rooms where everyday they provide a different kind of natural scrub to use for free.

If you can get over the fact that’s coed and that being naked it’s a requirement… you’re all set! 😉



Alternatively, get the room with the private sauna. We booked that and there was nothing better at night than enjoying the dry heat infused with pine essence while the mountains outside get chilly.



I can’t wait to be back at the Sporthotel Sillian in the winter! I just need to learn how to ski and I am good to go!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb