Special Stopover; Austrian Tyrol.


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Hopfgarten im Brixental
April 26th 2011
Published: May 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 23 and we're headed to Hopfgarten in The Austrian Tyrol. This was our third Contiki special stopover, where we had accommodation in a Chalet. Only one night booked in here though before we are back on the road again. The Tyrol was a new addition to the European Contrasts tour this year, having normally 2 nights in Venice instead. So glad we got to stay here, the Chalet was beautiful and the picturesque countryside from the window just made it all that much more memorable.

We departed Munich early; thankfully this was only a short travel day. Just before departure off the coach, we got an opportunity to get a taste of action - we could opt in to go paragliding in the countryside! Although I did not sign up for this, there is definitely a chance I would return and give this sport a go one day!

So for all of us who bailed paragliding, we hired bikes and went on a scenic ride through the Austrian Alps - although pretty knackered still from the bike tour the day before in Munich and climbing up the clock tower! As always, we broke up into groups, so I and a few others went into the village and found a nice Austrian cafe and had a bite to eat. We then followed the river and a nice ride alongside. After 6 hours of biking around, my legs were ready to stop so it was time to head back for tea.

Tonight we got our party clothes on, with our second Contiki themed party - Tight and Bright! Plenty of ribbons, bathers & boarding shorts, skin tight t-shirts and cheap fluro sunnies lit up the bar at the Chalet this evening! A battle of the sexes game was on after a few drinks; including a few of Contiki's own travelers battling it out with a pole dance! The night was long, plenty of shots and a great on-site crew made it fantastic.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb