Vienna to Salzburg and Innsbruck


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg
September 19th 2016
Published: September 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Travelling to Innsbruck. Stopped in very picturesque Salzburg. Salz meaning salt and burg meaning castle. Unfortunately being in the alps often means rain, and it did but we still got a look at the town and a walkabout.

This is where they filmed the sound of music, which we had playing on the way. This was great because it was a reminder of what we saw and where each scene was. What we didn't know was the real Maria had a very small appearance in the movie.

On our way to Innsbruck, we briefly passed thru a check point into Germany and then back into Austria. It was the quickest way to go, however it was very well guarded as they were checking every truck and bus for illegal migrants. That is the first real boarder crossing we have seen that was full on.

Just arrived at hotel in Igls (Eagles), Innsbruck - OMG just died and went to heaven. This is an alpine village just outside of Innsbruck. It is simply gorgeous. Flowers all over the buildings, neat tidy streets, just beautiful.Innsbruck is the home of the Winter Olympics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb