You may take our chocolate but your never take our freedom!!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Lower Austria » Melk
January 16th 2012
Published: January 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hiya,

So on Saturday we went to Melk town and its the first time we have been away from this farm and the land around it...as soon as we were dropped off the very first thing we done was headed for a newsagents and bought sweets and chocolate and a can of drink!!...5 days with not a grain of sugar or anything unhealthy is quite enough for me...we had to then sneak the food back into the house and felt like naughty teenagers trying to sneak in cigarettes!! i seriously feel like we would be in loadsa trouble if she found our stash!



Yesterday Davy and I fed the animals by ourselves with no guidance and hopefully we made no mistakes and gave them all the right thing, we also put the geese away on our own and collected all the eggs from the chickens, its so cold here the animals water is freezing as soon as its put out so we are regularly having to change it! im wearing 6 layers and 2 pairs of gloves!! The fence around the barn is looking really good and almost done!!

While i think of it.....people have been asking us to upload pictures! i am going to save them onto laptop but cant get a wi-fi connection here so cant put them on yet......i really did want to upload them each day but hasnt quite worked out like that



Today we went for a long walk around the areas with the lady who lives here and her doggy and it was truly beautiful!



Did i tell u about the christmas room?...well this house is huge and has lots and lots of rooms and the other day we discovered this room upstairs which was literally like a small flat with attatched kitchen and bedroom!! and a massive xmas tree and log fire and a large wooden table with a xmas themed table cloth drapped over it!! was so cosy and almost magical! we were told its the xmas room and thats literally the only time of year they use it!!....its just another room to them!! there is also a therapy room as the lady here is passionate about herbal medicines and natural therapy and i was shown that today and all i could say was wow! such an amazing house!

i am learning lots about america from the american helpx girl! and apparently its normal to eat honey on pizza!



finished now



over and out



S xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb