Night Dive: Probitas Shipwreck


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania » South » Sarandë
July 14th 2012
Published: July 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Probitas Prop 0 secs
All of the diving we have done so far has been during the early morning / afternoon. Visibility has been 50 feet in all directions, limited currents, a cool 65 degrees and really ideal conditions. Night diving adds a new perspective to your diving profiles. Taking away visibility = buoyancy fluctuations, stress, more air consumption, a new challenge with video and a list of other possibilities. It can be even more stressful if you have problems with your equipment.

Earlier last week we did a daytime dive on the Probitas to get oriented with the layout of the ship. It's laying on its port side and you can swim down the length of the 400ft deck from the bow all the way to the props. The props are my favorite spot on most shipwrecks for some incredible photographs.

We have had fluctuating internet connections, so I'm sorry if the video does not load. I attached a short video of what the props look like underwater during the night dive. All of the divers had a handheld Hydrolight (the dive lights that Titan manufactures) for the night dive and man did it bring out the colors. Also at night many animals are intrigued with the light beams and flock to your flashlight. We were swarmed with baby squid! At first it's a little frightening because you see shadows of movement in your periphereal vision, and at night that's like a scary movie...you never know what you'll find around the corner!

Overall, it was a beautiful 50 minute dive!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb