San Fernando


Advertisement
Published: February 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Three of us traveled down to San Fernando to be at the Supreme Court building by 9 a.m. and during the morning went for a snack at the Treehouse Restaurant. As we traveled back north, not far from San Fernando, we had lunch at Cara Suites, originally known as Farrell House but which recently had undergone a change of ownership, change of name and was completely renovated. These photos were taken that day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Supreme CourtSupreme Court
Supreme Court

This is where we were headed.
RotundaRotunda
Rotunda

This is on a strip of land that separates two traffic lanes between the Supreme Court and City Hall.
Treehouse RestaurantTreehouse Restaurant
Treehouse Restaurant

This restaurant is on a deck built around a tree and is fairly high off the ground. A good place for a snack of Ginger Shandy and fried wontons!
The tree in the restaurantThe tree in the restaurant
The tree in the restaurant

This is a famous tree -- a deck encircles it upon which there are quite a few tables and chairs set up for lunch.
Looking DownLooking Down
Looking Down

Looking down into the terrace of the Tradewinds Hotel from the Treehouse Restaurant.
Cara Suites garden in lobbyCara Suites garden in lobby
Cara Suites garden in lobby

We stopped for lunch outside San Fernando at a newly renovated hotel overlooking the sea called Cara Suites. A lovely place.
Cara Suites poolCara Suites pool
Cara Suites pool

This hotel is set on a hill that rolls down to the sea. The view from the pool is wonderful.
Cara Suites stairsCara Suites stairs
Cara Suites stairs

There are many stairs at this hotel, going in all directions!
Cara Suites sea viewCara Suites sea view
Cara Suites sea view

Photo overlooking the sea -- taken of tables and chairs at the end of a walkway in one of the hotel wings.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb