Little Europe In The Caribbean


Advertisement
Published: November 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yellow BeachYellow BeachYellow Beach

Palm Tree on Yellow Beach
St. Martin had allot of diversities. It's like little Europe in the Carribbean. There are so many different nationalites living harmoniously together.
The Airport as well as the Cruise ships are situated on the Dutch side of the island. Along with the Casinos, Nightclubs and lots of shopping in the town of Phillipsburg. The main street had scores of shops with gorgeous jewelery as the most popular item to buy, along with lots of souvineer shops. And then you pass through a hotel lobby or a restuarant from the main street after shopping, to the beach! It's great to sit at one of the many restuarants and people-watch as people stroll by on the cement walkway that paralells the beach. View of St Martin from the airplaneAnd looking out, you see the beautiful blue-green water and all types of watersports going on!
As well as massages on the beach!
A short 30-45 minutes drive {depending on traffic} and you reach the French Side, where the famous Orient Beach lies. What a great place to spend the day, soaking up sun! You can rent a chair and an umbrella and get a free drink for about $18. There are so many restuarants, you have your pick of where to have lunch as well as Tiki bars, too!

I stayed around the Grand Case Beach area, and that was a nice, quiet secluded beach! In tourist season {winter} on Tuesday nights, they block off the main street in Grand Case at night and have music, food and shops and tables lined up with the locals selling their items....jewelery, paintings, etc. The best places to eat are the casual "LoLos"... which are local spots that offer the best grilled chicken, ribs and seafood! The food is so tasty and inexpensive!
The island is a bit expensive, and commercialized, but there is allot of beauty to be seen and the people are wonderful! I dropped some cash as I was walking past a restuarant/bar called the "Blue Martini" and a very nice girl who worked there, came after me to ask if I had dropped something! Now that's HONEST! I hadn't even realized it! I would highly reccommend that place for sure!
__________________________________________________

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb