St. Martin, St. Barths, and Saba


Advertisement
Published: April 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After spending a month in Puerto Rico, we made our way back through the Spanish, U.S., and British Virgin Islands in order to be back in St. Martin by the first week of April. After returning to St. Martin we had guests from Fort Worth for a week. While they were here we traveled to the French side of St. Martin where we visited Marigot, Grand Case, Tintamarre, and Orient Beach. We enjoyed the street party in Grand Case where vendors bring their wares every Tuesday night to sell in booths along the road by the beach. At Orient Beach we visited the Butterfly Farm which was enjoyable.

Next we sailed to St. Barths. We stopped along the way for the guys to scuba dive at Ile Fourchue. St. Barths is a lovely island with many designer shops. We enjoyed a hike across the top of the hill overlooking Columbier Bay which gave us stunning views of the waves crashing against the rocks below.

Our next island was Saba which is truly a jewel. Saba is a volcanic island. It is unlike any of the other islands we have visited. Saba is Dutch and all the houses are whitewashed with green trim and red roofs. It looks like something out of a fairy tale. We hiked to the top of Mount Scenery while we were there and visited the town of Windwardside.

We will be in St. Martin another week or two. My Mom is coming to visit tomorrow for a week and I'm really looking forward to her visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb