St Maarten - 1st Feb


Advertisement
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in St Maarten on the 1st Feb 2008 after being in transit for 50 hrs. We stayed on the beach outside of Marigot for three days allowing us the time to visit Woodsia and get some admin out of the way.

Beautiful island though it is very much Europe meets 3rd world. On first inspection, the mix didn't feel right. But like all things you become accustomed to the culture and after a few days you wonder what all the concern was about. We did find it very expensive as the french side uses Euros rather than US$. Just getting to the other side of the island was costing up to US$30.

We went and visited Woodsia on the second day we arrived. While Si crawled all over the boat (literally), I sat on deck thinking what the hell have I got myself into. She is not as roomy as Figaro but I think it is the love that is missing. Once we start putting our energies into her, I am sure that she will start feeling different. Thankfully Corrado (Moorings liaison) agreed to fix most of the items identified in the survey. Here is hoping that most of the items are fixed on our return at the end of the month.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb