Castries


Advertisement
Published: November 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rodney Bay was very interesting. When Pete checked the transmission fluid, he found it was milky. Ouchy...I am thinking, tranny is gone. Miles from anywhere. We were fortunate that a cruiser we knew, Second Millennium, was anchored behind us.
Melody new a mechanic in this island. Pete called him right away, he was able to look at the tranny next morning. So Pete took dinghy into marina, brought him back. Turned out to be the oil cooler. Went looking for one, Temptress, had 2 on board. We bought one from him.
But want to tell this experience for posterity. While at anchored, not having found the part for a few days. We could not move. Here comes a tropical wave, we prayed the anchor would hold. We tossed, turned, heeled and what not. Fortunately the anchor held. Whew!
Eaudree called on the VHF asked if we wanted to share in a taxi tour of the island for $10 per person for all day. We said yes, so here are pictures of Castries and some of the island. Ended up being Prim Rose, Raven, Eaudree and Paper Moon, all sandwiched in a mini van.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Spring, 100 degreesSpring, 100 degrees
Spring, 100 degrees

One of the waterfalls, yes, we were in it. Very relaxing.
Inactive volcanoInactive volcano
Inactive volcano

We were told as long as it oozes sulfur, there is not problem.
The GroupThe Group
The Group

Sea Schell, Eaudree, Raven and Prim Rose along for the tour with us.
CashewCashew
Cashew

The cashew grows on the bottom of the fruit. Pete holding it upside down.
BananasBananas
Bananas

They do come in different colors. Very tasty!
Green Beans?Green Beans?
Green Beans?

Not sure what these are, but they sell them in all the islands.
BasketsBaskets
Baskets

They are less money here, than any of the islands.
Veggies and fruitsVeggies and fruits
Veggies and fruits

In my opinion the best market in the islands.


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0941s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb