Saturday 17th March in St Kitts


Advertisement
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

TogetherTogetherTogether

A great picture of all the boys together
The first thing we want to say is HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all our mum's out there.





Saturday started very quietly for everyone as today was a relaxing chilling day by the pool and beach.Most of the team gathered by the pool by 11am for some early morning refreshments...Diet Cokes of course!!


We relaxed by the pool and went for lunch just after noon.Once again the fare was excellent and the boys seemed to enjoy what was offered to them.


As is becoming customary Woodsie and Pels headed off to the beach for some diving through the waves and I can tell you they were very powerful and they were both knocked off their feet on a number of occasions,but as ever they both really enjoyed it.


Back to the pool to get all the salt off and then put the Ipod on for The Jam's Greatest hits.Most enjoyed the tunes but some of the younger guys seemed to pull faces at some of the songs!! These boys have never lived!


At about 4.30pm most dispersed either to watch some cricket on TV or just head for a
Pels & Hershalle GibbsPels & Hershalle GibbsPels & Hershalle Gibbs

Unbelievably Mr Gibbs rocks up beside Pels in a bar after his World Record sixes earlier in the day and a photo opportunity was dually taken!!
siesta but one maddo namley Mr Jack headed out on 35 minute run!!! The sun was still out and it was very hot! Maybe he is trying to get like Ravi and get himself a six pack!!

We reconvened at 7.30pm for our evening dinner but you could see there was a definate lethargy in the group.Sometimes when you are relaxing all day it takes more out of you than when you are actually doing an organised thing!


For the first time on the holiday our evening dinner was disappointing. A mark of 4/10 would do this meal justice.Let us hope the chef was on a night off and things get back to normal on Sunday.


Jacko,GP,Ravi and Pels headed off to the Marriot which is a short five minute walk away. We had a look round the massive air conditioned Casino where we watched some American spend money as if it was going out of fashion!! We were content to just watch. We headed back to base by 10.30pm with the rest of the group all in bed when we got back.


Instead of another day at the pool we have managed
Aloo veraAloo veraAloo vera

Ravi getting the special potion from the aloo vera man!
to blag eight free tickets for the Australian cricket match V Holland at Warner Park on Sunday. As mentioned in previous blogs we have press and TV crews in our hotel and we have been given eight $90 face value tickets!

Our resident cricket guru Babes reckons after what South Africa achieved the other day the Ozzy's will want to raise the bar and a total in excess of 450 is possible if they bat first.


The stadium will be empty so if you can tune in on Sky Sports from 1.30pm please do so as all the boys are up for a sing song and you will hear us that is for sure!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

RaviRavi
Ravi

Ravi believing his sunburn will be healed in in the morning!
Ravi 2Ravi 2
Ravi 2

How will he feel in the morning
WoodsieWoodsie
Woodsie

Adam getting his pink napper tended to by the aloo vera man
Woodsie & RaviWoodsie & Ravi
Woodsie & Ravi

Adam and Andrew having a giggle
GroupGroup
Group

Another cheeky wee group picture
The two Gordon'sThe two Gordon's
The two Gordon's

Paterson and Jack
Babes & AdeneBabes & Adene
Babes & Adene

Adene is staying at the hotel along with the TV company that is working at the cricket.He is the space bar man!!


18th March 2007

sky and saturday
morning chaps - you are all awake early! DVD is set for your next appearances. Guess you know the score from yesterday - 3-nil to gers.
18th March 2007

Sunny Skies
Defo no sunny skies at Ibrox yesterday, unlike your wonderful weather. Falkirk won 1-0 today so its only 13 points with I think 21 still to play for. Im slowly becoming a convert ........... to cricket Ref!!!
19th March 2007

Fantastic
Due too broadband failure and a broken laptop I've only just read through all the blogs. Brilliant stuff. Great to see the odd athlete in the photo's and good to see some cricketers popping up as well. Happy birthday past Ravi, good to see Woodsie chilling out and allowing himself to be touched by a phase 1 and even your looking good Pels. You 3 really shouldn't have talked Flintoff into a late night sailing trip though-The poor lads in a lot of trouble.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb