Wed 14th March in St Kitts.....


Advertisement
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Linlithgow LoyalThe Linlithgow LoyalThe Linlithgow Loyal

A group icture of the guys at the Australian match yesterday
Good Morning Everyone,
Another early start with everyone meeting at the breakfast table at 7am not before our two resident runners Babes and Jacko were off out pounding the beach before 6am!!. We had to meet this early because our taxi was booked for 7.45 am to take us to the cricket ground for the Australia match. It is a bit earlier than we hoped to leave but due to the fact there is only one road into the centre we decided not to take any chances as there could have been upto 10000 supporters doing the same!

After getting dropped off near Warner Park we made our way up towards the cricket ground where we were all subject to a strict security check,frisking and bag checking etc.Glad to see it was so well organised.As soon as we were beyond the turnstiles we were surrounded by Programme Sellers who obviously were on commission! Most of the guys purchased and then we headed to a stall that sold official merchandice from ICC.

Our tickets were for the grass bank in between two stands and this vantage point could not have been better.We were facing the giant screen and the
Live on Sky SportsLive on Sky SportsLive on Sky Sports

This was the guy responsible for our exposure on sky Sports Yesterday
scoreboard.As we had arrived in plenty of time we were even 30 minutes too early for the bar to open!! diet cokes of course...... the beer tent dually opened at 9am and two of us headed there to bring back some of the local liquid stuff carib,( we felt it would have been rude not to sample it ) By 9.30 we were underway and as most of you will know we made some noise for the whole day.We were getting text messages from the off telling us we had been shown quite extensivley on Sky Sports 1 yesteday....I do hope some of you saw or even heard us.Later on in the day we were Interviewed Live on BBC Radio 5 Live where we gave our thoughts and feelings on the match!

Although the cricket score was what we expected we all had a trully unforgetable day with us mixing with the locals and of course a few Australian Fans too. After the cricket was finished we walked down to the centre of the town and along the way all the locals lined the streets and joined in our singing and dancing!

We found a minibus driver we
The WagsThe WagsThe Wags

The wonders of a very long lens.Our Paparazzi team member snaps the Scottish Teams' WAGS yesterday
had used before and she brought us back to base where we headed straight for the swimming pool as we had been exposed to the sun for most of the day. We got showered and changed and reconveined for our evening dinner at 7.30pm which once again was fantastic.

We then headed downstairs for a couple of drinks then Scalsey and Ravi made us laugh big time on the Karaoke machine.Mike is a good singer but Ravi ruined Bob Marley's Buffallo Soldier with constant breaks in the song with the words..."Ohhhh Yes" which came from a local taxi driver the other day.

After that we headed off the complex for the first time on this holiday and visited a few beach bars a short walk away.In the bar that we stayed in for quite a while Adam Gilchrist ,Mathew Haden Mike Hussey and Shaun Tait all rocked up and we gave another and final rendition of "We are coming down the road" As we had been on the go since 6am we all headed back to base and go to sleep..............An absoulutely fantastic day out and we can't wait till the next game.


To be continued......


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Grass BankThe Grass Bank
The Grass Bank

This is where we had tickets for,in our opinion the best part of the ground......We rocked it
Fame at last!!Fame at last!!
Fame at last!!

This is the picture in The Daily Record today
Who could this be??Who could this be??
Who could this be??

One of our tour members but rest assured this picture was staged.......seemingly this has made the papers too!!!
Ozzie WAGSOzzie WAGS
Ozzie WAGS

Another long lens snap this time of some of the Australian Teams' WAGS
The boysThe boys
The boys

Another group picture of the lads
The long lensThe long lens
The long lens

Gordon was at the other end of the ground when he snapped this one.


15th March 2007

Seeing you boys yesterday reminded me of that old lilt advert! "Lobsters on south beach man!"

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb