VIDEO Excursion to the Bacardi plant


Advertisement
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=gqcq4jHHKFw]The Bacardi Rum plant is a not-to-miss excursion when you're in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Be sure to leave at least 2 hours (or more) for the trip though. You can either drive straight there, or take the ferry from Pier 3 in Old San Juan. The ferries leave every half-hour and cost 50ยข one way. Off the ferry on the Catanya side, you'll have to pay $6 for transportation to the Bacardi facility. We read that there was a free bus to the facility, but discovered it was a lie. We took several vans parked in a nearby parking ramp; a little shady, but it was on the up and up. The 45-minute tour itself is free. Tours leave each 1/2 hour. Indulge in two free drinks while you wait or after the tour. There is also a gift shop to browse through, as well as tables in the pavilion stocked with souvenir items like jewelry (gorgeous!) and key chains. The teenagers with us were thrilled to spy a huge iguana running across the lawn while we were there. Being underage, they were given 2 tickets to redeem for sodas.

Advertisement



13th January 2010

brings back memories of the Virgin Islands...nice!
14th January 2010

Memories of Virgin Islands
It brought back those memories for me too. Ah. I just can't get enough of the Caribbean!

Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb