Panama Trip


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama
December 2nd 2008
Published: December 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After sleeping most of our 7 hour flight to Panama via Houston, we arrived in the Central American country around 2:30, only to learn that our 3:30 flight to Bocas del Toro was at a different airport across town! We rushed into an overpriced airport sedan and rushed to the domestic airport.

All the stress was unwarranted, as we quickly learned that our Bocas flight was delayed, then ultimately canceled and rescheduled for 6 a.m. the next morning. I was bummed, and even more annoyed when we couldn't find a hotel. Finally, we found a very nice hotel in the "causeway" of the city.
Although our room reminded me of a Miami condo in the 80's (think tiled floor with a low, modern bed), the view of the waterway was beautiful and romantic. The pathway next to our hotel was filled with runners, and I really loved watching the sun set over the water.

Excited for our first Panamanian night, Campbell and I drank Sangria and finished the evening with a round of Kareoke. Britney Spears for me, Chris Isaac for him.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb