Arriving


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá » Panama City
September 16th 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 1

Although we had to wake up at 3:30 a.m. to head to PDX, I could not have asked for a better start to our trip. As our flight began and I started drifting to sleep Tim nudged me to look out the window. Below us were thick white clouds and peaking out of them was the top half of Mt. Hood. What really topped it off was the fact that the sun was rising. The whole sky was beautiful shades of red and pink, I've never seen such an incredible view from an airplane. I wish I hadn't been so deliriously tired, otherwise I would have taken some pictures!

Our first, and only, layover was in Atlanta where we indulged in our last true American meal for awhile - a burger and wings at T.G.I. Fridays 😊 The flight to Panama City from Atlanta wasn't too eventful except for the awesome lightening storm we could see out the window. Every few minutes flashes would light up the entire sky, probably the second best thing I have seen out an airplane window! We got into Panama city an hour late and thought our driver had left us but luckily we found him right before we were about to catch another cab (had we not found him we probably would have spent hours searching for our hostel because it was located in a random residential area). An interesting thing we noticed while driving to our hostel was Panamanian party buses! We saw like 4 of them on our drive.They are pretty much just super decked out school buses with graffiti all over the exterior, strobe lights flashing inside, and techno blasting out all the windows (while driving like 15 mph on the highway). We will have to return someday with a fat crew and rent one!

When we arrived at our hostel we were hoping to go out and get a drink and some food but because it was in such a residential neighborhood and we had no idea where we were, we decided to stay in and wait till the next day to explore.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb