My Trip to Panama, Sept. 5 to Sept. 12, 2008


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá » Panama City
September 13th 2008
Published: August 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Houston - Panama


Trip to Panama - Sept.05 to Sept.12, 2008



Pacific Coast Beaches Near Panama City
Panama's convenient beach getaways

It is hard to think of any metropolitan city anywhere with so many fine beaches nearby. Along the Pacific Coast just outside Panama City, begin a string of pretty beaches of white sand and sapphire blue waters.

This lovely coastal area of Panama is home to two full service resorts, Central America's only beach front golf course, as well as simple beach front cabins, villas and an RV park. Gorgeous million dollar homes dot the coastline. This is the preferred location for the vacation homes of Panama’s wealthiest families. Getting there is easy, just an hour from Panama City on a modern four lane highway.

The names of the more well known beaches and beach communities are Punta Chame, Gorgona, Coronado, Rio Mar, Santa Clara and Playa Blanca.

How To Get There
By car or bus on a beautiful four lane highway from Panama City. You can rent a car or take a bus from Panama's new Albrook Terminal for a couple of bucks. By taxi the ride will cost you about $50. The Decamaron and Coronado resorts have transportation services from the international airport in Panama City, so contact them if you are planning to stay at their resort.

Where To Stay
The two resorts are the Royal Decameron at Playa Blanca and the Coronado Hotel and Resort. The Royal Decameron is a beautiful all-inclusive resort with 600 rooms, six restaurants and a full gamut of activities and facilities. The Coronado Hotel and Resort is another beautiful five star hotel with an 18 hole seaside golf course designed by Tom Fazio, the only one of its kind in Central America.

What To Do
Highlights
Miles of lovely, uncrowded beaches, major beach resorts, retirement and vacation communities, golfing, surfing and wind surfing, ocean and river kayaking, RV park, jet skis, and sidetrips to the ancient volcano crater town El Valle de Anton.

Rio Mar is a popular surfing beach year-round. Punta Chame is great for windsurfing certain months of the year, particularly the dry season.

Retirement and Vacation Communities
An increasing number of American snowbirds and retirees are choosing to buy a second home on one of Panama’s Pacific Coast beaches. The area has unbeatable attractions:uncrowded beautiful beaches, competitive housing prices, quality construction, and proximity to Panama City; a sophisticated metropolitan area with an American style infrastructure, the by product of an 90 year American presence. This means first rate medical care, numerous American stores and restaurants, good roads and entertainment on a par to the USA.

This Pacific Coast area also has cable TV, internet access and one of Panama’s fabulous El Rey Supermarkets where you can find just about everything you can find in a US supermarket, from Maine lobster to Nutrigrain bars.

Another attraction of the Pacific Coast beaches are their proximity to the cool picturesque mountain communities like El Valle de Anton and Los Altos de Maria, just half an hour away.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb