Into the main CITY of PANAMA


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá » Panama City
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Panama City Hotel - AnnaPanama City Hotel - AnnaPanama City Hotel - Anna

Riande Hotel...part of same chain, which managed the airport hotel.
We stayed right in the middle of the city. While it was HORRIBLE learning to drive around, eventually, we figured it out.

We met some more people..American and otherwise. The best part of our stay in the city was: 1) one of the BEST bands we have every heard, and 2) one of the finest steak meals we have ever had, at Martin Fierro's...sort of like a Ruth Chris Steak House I assume, but better!

This entry contains pictures for over two of the nights we stayed in the city, including those taken at the Istmo Brew Pub, the Hotel Riande and the Hotel Riande bar.

After the band ended, the juke box was turned up loud and we met a bunch of new people. Some of the band stayed on and the new group -- a table of folks from Dominican Republic -- joined us in late night dancing. Sorry, we didn't stop to take photos of this since we were having too much fun!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Richie at the hotel.Richie at the hotel.
Richie at the hotel.

Settling in and deciding what to do for our first REAL night in Panama.
FInest band around!FInest band around!
FInest band around!

While we went out to other places looking for something to do, when we ended up back at our hotel we discovered that a band was setting up in the tiny bar. Who would have thought the best entertainment around was right at our own place?!!! Band leader's name.....Ricardo...AKA Richard!
Folks Having FunFolks Having Fun
Folks Having Fun

More people having fun at our hotel bar. This is after returning from the Istmo Brew Pub, Richie thinking he would be turning in early, and us happening upon the great band.
Leader of the BandLeader of the Band
Leader of the Band

Here I am with the main drummer(the leader of the band and to the right of me in this photo) and another band member. The leader's name happened to be Richard! This was one of three other Richards we met on the trip. Gotta love the Panamanian smiles and good-natured dispositions, not to mention the fantastic music they played.
More Shots of the BandMore Shots of the Band
More Shots of the Band

These guys were great...other friends popped in and out of the band during various songs, taking over the congos, or the bongos and even the singing. It was amazing.


27th February 2007

peanut gallery comment...
Drink more cervezas...
28th February 2007

Tony A or Tony M???
Bebidira mas cervezas es la manera correcta del decir al nosotros para bebir mas!...en Espanol... (Dring more beers is the correct way to tell us to drink more beers -- en Spanish).

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb