Panamania


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So here we are in Sunny and warm Panama getting ready to transit the canal tomorrow. For those online you may be able to see us on the Panama Canal webcam on Friday about noon MST going through Miraflores locks.
After a month comig down from Cartegna, the Columbian islands, Rosarios, with a nice aquarium and strange aviary where we were greeted by 2 Emus and many birds from aroun the world, to Isla Feurte, a great little island where I had a couple of good dives with the locals.
Then on to the San Blas where we spent 2 1/2 weeks in a culture shock of wonderful friendly people and ate crab and lobster daily with some great snorkelling.
Finally into Shelter Bay Marina, a really nice new outfit where we hauled the boat to do the bottom and add some new refrigeration coolers and as a treat Oceanled underwater lights which look great at the dock and hopefully fantastic when at anchor. We also added a DuoGen, wind and water generator to reduce the amount of engine running time, also the reason we changed the Freezer/refrigeration systems to FrigoBoat units.
We will spend a week or so at the other end of the canal at Balboa to provision and then head out to Las Perles, just off tyhe coast and wait for some wind to get down to the Galapagos.
So enjoy a few photos if I can get them up, otherwise they will follow shortly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb