New Year in Panama


Advertisement
Published: January 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

nice beaches at Bocas de Torronice beaches at Bocas de Torronice beaches at Bocas de Torro

Whe rented a couple of days a guy with a boat to boat us around the island to go to different beautiful beaches, to watch dolphins and to try to surf (on the too low waves) so instead of surfing the snorkling was much better!
Its´s been a while, but want to fill in the missing gap of my travels.

After a great Christmas in Puerto Viejo in Costa Rica, I continued traveling south on the 27th of december. With some great people I met, I continued traveling to Bocas de Torro, some island on the caribian side of Panama.
We had a great boatride through mangroves and the last part, the ocean where we arrived at Bocas...
Some lovely islands where we enjoyed ourselves whith trying to surf (on too low waves), dolphin whatching, island hopping and for the rest hanging out in a relaxed hostel with a lot of other travelers.
For new years we went to a bar (the sunken ship...) realy cool place an outdoor place build above the water with in the middle a sunken ship a couple meters under the water!!
New Year was packed there.....as a real backpacker we sneaked inside running over 6 different boats to get there but Eh it saved us $5 each..
The 2nd we decided that we had spend too long on the island anyways and made our way to Panama City
Just a city...do a bit of shopping and made a trip to the Panama Canal ofcourse!!

The 4th I have a flight out to Santiago the Chili.....so I say goodbye to the friends I made here and who knows whats next.....let you know.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

caving at bocascaving at bocas
caving at bocas

Luckily we found something to do for the rest of the waveless days...besides enjoying happy hour in the hostel we even got some action


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb