welcome to panama


Advertisement
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well, we made it to panama! yesterday we took a 6am bus out of san jose to sixaola, where we walked across the border (a shanky, falling down, railroad bridge. after waiting in the heat for our stamps, we finally crammed into a van...and the door fell off. oy vey. anyways, they got back on...kinda...and we had a 30 min ride to changuinola where we caught a marine taxi to bocas del toro. chad LOVED the ride, it was so amazon like. in bocas we were dropped off on Isla Colon in Bocas Town, the ¨big¨city. then we took a small boat-taxi ($2 a piece) to the island of bastimentos where we found a super cheap place to stay called tio tom. he´s quite the character. our room (aka shacky cabin) is built right over the water. it has a bed, no windows, and a mosquito bed net. yikes. the town of bastimentos is d irty...dirty dirty dirty. our toilets flush straight to the ocean...and then say we´re having fish for dinner...any takers? anyways, there´s no beach where we are, the water just ends at the rocky shore. we took a 30 min hike this morning to a sandy beach, but it was through the rainforest without a clear path, and LOTS of mud. chad likes to call it our adventure. now we´re really not sure what we´re going to do next. we´re trying to find a place to just relax for a while, but we´re not sure this is the place. we´ll just have to see what tomorrow brings us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th July 2007

Gotta love dirty
It sounds like you guys are having a good time. To bad I am not in Panama right now. Looking forward to the next installment. Have a good time.
16th July 2007

Phone Call
Hey Chad so great to talk to you yesterday, great to hear your voice and how happy you sound, to be doing all of this great adventure. Thanks for the new photos. It does not sound like Panama is the best place to visit on this trip, Well they cant all be good. It will just make the rest even look better and you will enjoy them much more too. So keep on having a great time on your Quest. Oh by the Way Carrie, I dont think I will have any Fish ha ha thanks any way! Love Dad

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb