Springbreak in Panama... Bocas Del Toro. What Fun!


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Over Springbreak (late March) of 2009, we took a quick trip to Panama. We stayed 2 nights coming and going in Pamana City, and 6 nights on the island of Bocas Del Toro. We have been partial to Asia as one of our favorite destinations, however, we were left feeling like we would certainly return to Central America. Just hanging out again at La Coralina Lodge in Bocas Del Toro would be fine by us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Body surfing the waves at BocasBody surfing the waves at Bocas
Body surfing the waves at Bocas

Great water temperature.
Walking through the dump....Walking through the dump....
Walking through the dump....

It's not too bad actually, it is smelly like a dump should be, but once through the often muddy roads and the dump... the beach is soooo worth the walk!!!
Love this shot!Love this shot!
Love this shot!

A brother and sister out crabbing or some type of fishing with their yellow bucket.
New friends to be had!New friends to be had!
New friends to be had!

This is Sugar the friendly dog from La Coralina Lodge... what a sweetie.
A little mud... expect some rain here and there... as it is a rain forest.A little mud... expect some rain here and there... as it is a rain forest.
A little mud... expect some rain here and there... as it is a rain forest.

The rural location of La Coralina keeps it a nice, quiet place to stay... but the roads are not maintained, so it makes a muddy walk to get to the beach when it rains.
La Coralina Restaurant & BarLa Coralina Restaurant & Bar
La Coralina Restaurant & Bar

We spend many of hours here, enjoying the views, the great food, and a beer or two.... :)


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb