Our trip is coming to an end.


Advertisement
Nicaragua's flag
Central America Caribbean » Nicaragua
January 11th 2005
Published: January 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sadly, this is most likely my last posting until we return home. The month has gone by so quickly. We are not looking forward to the winter weather. We saw a report on CNN on the recent storms and thought about extending our stay another month. Then, of course, our sensible side took over and decided that we needed to come home and get back to work. Darn-it, sometimes I hate that sensible side.

Let´s see, last time I posted to this site we were in Bluefields, preparing for our flight to Corn Island. I am happy to report that the flight there and back was very comfortable. We had a woman pilot for the trip back to Managua, so I knew we were in competent hands.

Let me tell you, Corn Island was paradise. We spent five days over there, walked all over the island and met many wonderful people. The language over there is a combination of English, Spanish and something else they just made up. It was really fun talking with the people and listening to their expressions. While there we ate lots of lobster, their primary export. We went to some baseball games, baseball is BIG on Corn Island, as it is all over Nicaragua. We went dancing a couple of nights, that was fun. We loved the music, primarily Reggae and good old crying in your beer Country music. We had a blast and plan on returning to the island. Terry thinks for three months next year to escape the Colorado winter.

We are in Masaya again now, our last minute shopping spree before we have to leave on Thursday morning. We will be back in Colorado Thursday afternoon. I look forward to seeing all of you in Denver sometime over the weekend. All of you on the other side of the hills, look for me sometime at the first of the week.

Thanks for reading our stories and enjoying our trip with us. Sorry no photos this time. I sold my card reader to one of the internet cafes, so you´ll have to wait until we return to see the new photos. Hasta Luego.

Love, Kathy and Terry.

Advertisement



21st March 2007

Sound like a GREAT time
Next time you guy get there, please give us some pictures of the lugares you are visiting. In my mind sound Corn Island is butifull place.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb