Stone Jesus Fiesta


Advertisement
Published: September 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Robyn and Joe and I woke up with some killer coffee and breakfast at the local favorite coffee-shop "El Gato Negro". The owner decided to become an ex-patriot after she became so disgusted that George W. was re-elected. So she moved down to San Juan and started this amazing coffee shop. They roasted the beans right next to us as we ate and enjoyed telling Robyn all about our experiences over the last 6 weeks.

Joe had a bit of work to finish up so he went to base camp while I gave Robyn a brief tour of the town.

We met Joe and went for a hike up to the large, stone, statue of Jesus overlooking the bay (a poor man's version of Rio you might say). When we got to the top the guard dogs barked and finally someone came to let us in to see "ol' mate" as the Australian's have call it! The view and the breeze were worth the dollar admission and we took our time gazing out at the town below.

The sun is direct down here by the equator and a day in it will give you a tan (or burn) that you won't soon forget. Even after being in Hawaii for 2 months, Robyn got a deep tan after only 1/2 a day. We lounged at the Pelican Eyes infinity pool and sipped on a piƱa colada.

After a shower we made our way down to the pier for a sunset drink with Joe, and then and a romantic lobster dinner with Robyn at El Timon.

We didn't know it yet, but the night was young. We met some work friends at the Black Whale as the rain came down and watched people run through the rain while we talked and laughed. Then we made our way over to Iguana bar where every night ends up here in San Juan del Sur. There I was able to introduced Robyn to lots of the cool crew of S22 and we talked and drank till the place closed around 2:30 in the AM. Gonna be a rough morning tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb