On the 7th Day they rested


Advertisement

Before and AfterBefore and AfterBefore and After

Kirsten after her massage and Chester before

Day 7 - On the 7th day God rested, so did we



Day 7 started with sleeping in and getting up when we wanted, which was about 8:30. We made breakfast and relaxed around the house. We had a big agenda: find the spa and a place to eat lunch. We got 1 hour massages in groups of 3 in town. As the first group hobbled to the spa the second stayed back and watched the original Terminator on TV. The spa was quaint and nice but lacked one major amenity: A/C. It was a very hot, humid morning to we were fighting for position in front of the fan. We each lined out our body parts that no longer functioned properly to the therapist and an hour later emerged like new 30-year-old women. Group 2 arrived even sweatier, but ready for the same treatment. Group 1 headed to the beachfront and did a bit of shopping for the kids on the way. We found a great little restaurant on the beach with a great breeze and cold beers. We were told to drink lots of water after our massages but figured since beer is mostly water that would suffice.
Amy and Kirsten feeling greatAmy and Kirsten feeling greatAmy and Kirsten feeling great

Minutes after Amy and Kirsten had their massages.
We had a great seafood meal of lobster, clams, shrimp, octopus, squid and fish. After 2 hours (meals are not quick in Nica) we headed back to the house and up the dreaded hill to spend the rest of the day relaxing poolside. We all wish we had another appointment at the spa.

As this is our last night in San Juan Del Sur we went out for a nice dinner and some drinks and we are back at the house packing up. We head out tomorrow morning to Grenada for a trip to the town and Monkey Island and then to Managua to fly back home.

We are sad to leave San Juan Del Sur but know we ahve done almost all you can in the short period of time we were here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Maija and Jenn Maija and Jenn
Maija and Jenn

catching their breath and ready to be rubbed down.
Seafood PlatterSeafood Platter
Seafood Platter

A bit of everything
The grocery storeThe grocery store
The grocery store

This shopping every day sucks.
The Damn HillThe Damn Hill
The Damn Hill

Only down side of our place. Great view but had to climb to it.
Our KitchenOur Kitchen
Our Kitchen

Which we did not have to clean. Bonus.


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb