The Night of Monday 19th July deserves an entry of its own!


Advertisement

As promised, we were going to lay on a feast of mexican food for the guys! On the menu was fajitas with salsas, guacomole, beans and just total yumminess! I´m not gonna lie, we wer retty impressed with our cooking abilities and to be honest this meal was better than many things we have ever even made at home! There was a lot of food.....3 big American military men = a lot of feeding! So the party kicked off however, we were NOT impressed when the security man decided to take our vodka and rum that we had bought in the shop away from us! Ug....does he not understand the concept of poor students?? Never the less, we were not going to let him defeat us! So tramp style it was going to have to be.....as we sat out on the street finishing or last bitof vodka and smuggling in the rest of the rum again! Alas, i think the guard pretty much gave up with us and even more so as the night progressed as a battleof 6 of us against one of him was not going to work in his favour!

We did indeed destroy Wilson though....for some reason Steve had been carrying around a pineapple all day and therefore it was called Wilson...It was time for Wilson to go, but in a good way obviously! The pineapple goblet was made and numerous batches of rum punch were made in it as we played various games up on the roof terrace! We were joined by a lightly odd romanian guy who pretty much invited himself to come and sit with us all.....we didn´t mind although he did introduce us to an extremeley odd romanian drinking game named buzo...it wasn´t even that hard, but we were obviously all having very special moments as none of us really got it! The romaninan named John was not liking Alexes telopathic atempts either....Alex decided that it would be fun to just keep putting cards to his head and guessing what they were. Ellie was telling him the answers but in a very subtle way....but John was not having any of it! This part of the night all went kind of wierd but the Irish girls wanted a good night out so after goiing back to the guys room and waking up Steve as he had decided to call it a night, we decided to hit Iguanas again! Not really knowing where people had gone, Josh, Alex, Ellie and myself all headed on out to PARTAY! The rain was pouring soa few sun dances general shits and giggles were had on our jog to the bar. Attempts to even get in the tuc tuc were had as Alex jumped out at Ellie and me as we walked by!

Iguana wasn´t as lively as the night before but we were not going to stop having a good time! Ellies and my rendition of akons ´smack that´to the word of splash bak was sung.....don´t ask why as we have no idea and with us two pretty merry we hit the dance floor! Before we knew it some australian guy took us both by the arms and started to salsa dance with us....i like to think the lessons from josh the night before payed off as we busted some latino salsa moves! Alex also managed to befriend some other american guy who proceeded to buy us all shots...again...I was not complaining! Major jokes weçhen Josh wipped out his camera that he carried around in his ´ziplock´plastic bag....bless him..so american! Needless to say he got rinsed by Ellie and me for that! We obvioulsy were so unaware of the time as the music stopped in the Iguana bar but we were not ready to finish the party! As we headed out onto the street an open back taxi drove by...we had no money but he still said he´d give us a lift! Hahahahaha....this is when it gets funny! So ellie desided to smuggle out her drink so as we climbed into this truck, i took ellies drink but all of a sudden the uy, obviously thinkng that we are all in the back accelerated forward as ellie is only half in...needless to say all i can remember seeing is Ellie falling backwards about to crash to the floor. Amazingly she managed to grab onto the bar as the guy did not stop straight away despite my screams of STOPPPPPPPPP! hahahaha..... josh did help ellie back into the truck but i do believe his reaction was a bit late, had it not been for the bar, els may well have been on the floor!

The driver was nuts! He drove ooober fast down the road as we sang titanic...yes we are sad but we felt pretty care free at this moment in time! But sad times, crazy crabs was shut! Errrrror! with our amazing spanish we asked the driver where was good to go and he drove us to another bar aong the road where he also got out and joined us with his friend. Walking in, we did feel slightly out of place as we were the only foreigners there but no one seemed to care. It was definitely a funny place with this small guy on the decks busting out some tunes. Drinks were bought and we sat down to chat withour new local friends named vladameer and robo that actually turned out to be something like cobo....god nows...by this time we were all a bit too merry to really realise! Our chatthough did manage to get us a few free drinks from our new found friends and again, josh wippped out the zip loock bag to get out his camera for some more amazing photography!! Els and I were dancing like some loons, not really caring at all about what others thought and when our new fave sone Áfrika´came on, we were all more than happy! Whilst dancing, vladameer just came up to us and said: you want coca or smoka??? haha, we were like no no no and Josh being the very good guy that he is gave us a talk on how we must not get involved with the bad guys! We just wanted to dance and we got taught the new local lingo that is yaka chilba.....which means chillin and is basically the nicaraguan version of costa ricas Pura Vida!!!!!!

After some good dancage we did feel that a bit of skinny dipping in the sea on the way home was the way forward! Yep, it was about 5am but so so hilarious! splashing about in the waves under the moon light living life as it is.......it feels bloody fantastic!

We were seriously still so awake and wanted the partay to continue even more so headed back to the hostel in the hope of getting more rum. Massive failure on both Josh and Alex´s behalf but to be fair, the security guard wasn´t impressed and we were refused to buy any more rum! Warm beer was available from the guys but Ellie and I kindly declined that offer! The chat was hysterical and'pretty interesting to the say the least! Militray men are bloody fascinating. After Josh kindly swept ALL the sand off the bed with some kind of sand remover brush thing,....seriously these guys have more stuff than us! Their bathroom contained apricot face scrub and wet wipes and ´q tips´.....they found our word ´cotton buds´wierd! haha. So yep, we learnt a fair amount about their past and all about ´water boarding'.....a technique used for interagating terrorists. Me and Els were like do it to us do it to us but to be honest I´m pretty glad they didn´t. Agian, I have to say that after these chats, Ellie and I felt like prize prats for our sheltered background and naiviety to the whole situation. We have A LOT of respect for these guys! We managed to get Alex to interegate us for half an hour or so which was pretty fascinating and time just seemed to fly by as before we knew it, we were walking back to our rooms to eventually get to bed after a pretty epic night and when looking at the clock, saw that it was 7.15am! The sun was up and people were already up! The securiy guard just laughed at us and asked, have you not even gone to sleep yet? Na ah....we still weren´t even tired! Some how, one of my shoes had also managed to make its way into reception, despte me taking them off in my room! This confudled my minde very much so, and it wasn´t until i made sense of what the security guard was saying that i realised the german guy who was in our room had left really early but some how my show was in his bag and fell out....god knows! So yeah, eventually we got to sleep at about 7.30 am but needless to say awoke at 11am....lack of sleep was definitelyy going to be an issue today!

We did however awake to a very yummy breakfast of chocolate and banana pancakes made by our favourite americans! haha! We had açour pancake making stakes as Sean had been a pretty darn good pancake maer in Bocas but I hate to say it but Josh has definitely taken over our chief pancake maker! I´m not going to lie to you, we all looked pretty dead at breakfast (well lunch by the time we were eating) and just ñaughed about the nights antiics! We said our goodbyes to the guys as they were heading for granada but are planning on meeting them in Leon at the end of the week for some more hilarious times!

Ok so today has been pretty much of right off....lack of sleep was definitely an issue! Plus the fact that the weather was pretty mmiserable didn´t help! Hels went for an epic day surfing, very proud of our fellow surfer dude and had an ace time! Ellie and I pretty much just read some of our books...well Ellie has seemed to gotten into the lonely planet pretty well and is now our fact file for sure! We went for a nice wonder around the town and gound ourselves walking over a ridiculously wobbly suspended bridge that didn't feel the safest of things, probably felt more like walking the plank!

Our time here in San Juan del Sur has been a great couple of days and has definitely given us good feelingsfor the rest of Nicaragua! Plus, it is like a Mondo Taitu reunion here as both grups of Irish girls who were in Bocas are staying here now too. Our next stop is Ometepee where we are going to climb the volcano and kayak in the lake. The guys had shown us photos of the volcanoes and they look awesome, you can apparently swim in the crater at the top as it is now a lake and you just swim among the clouds! Exciting times!

Advertisement



22nd July 2010

maybe you could visit bluefields?
Hello from florida. I read travelblogs and since you are already in nicaragua I decided to write and ask if possible that you visit bluefields. Travelbloggers rarely make it there. Its off the beaten path. A travel blogger did go there this month but it is rare.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb