San Juan Del Sur.... surfing


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Still in San Juan Del Sur...... we love it here. We have built ourselfs a little traveling family here. We are staying outside of Hostel Esperanza, right on the beach. The water is nice and cool here, so you never over heat. We have been to Playa Maderas a couple of times now (it's a 30 min car ride out there) But there are some pretty nice waves, and they are even nicer when you don't have to fight for them (it gets pretty crowded). Our RV can't make the journey because of the steep dirt roads out to the beach, so we have been relying on the shuttle, and our friend we found who drove down from Ontario (got there the same day as us) Jordan got well toasted the first day of surf.... even though allyne insited on jordan putting sunscreen on!
Everyone went out on a boat trip on monday to 2 other beaches in the area. There were about 15 gringos on the little motor boat, and 11 of them were canadian! We surfed all day on some nice, uncrowded breaks. Good times had by all. We left trooper on dry land at the hostel with the
hostel esparanzahostel esparanzahostel esparanza

Simon playing with the jenga blocks
reception guys. They said he did well and ate all of his food..... food being the box of treats Allyne had left them, to give a couple to trooper if he seemed hungry!!! Oh well. He remarkably ate all of his dinner that night as well.
We have been making dinner with a couple that is staying at the hostel (they are going to open a B&B on the island in Lago Nicaragua). They showed us a really cheap fish shop up the street from us, and we have been eating fresh fish, and salad for the past couple of nights with them. Tonight we will possibly do a potluck with everyone at the hostel.
We all started Spanish school yesterday, each taking a 15 hour course for the week. We are going to finish it this week, hopefully( 4 hours a day is intense)!
We are going to head down to Panama, and try and be there by the 23rd or 25th... CR roads depending.
Heard the olympics arent doing well.... there are lots of canadians down here watching them at the bars and restaurants.
Hope all is well with everyone, we will continue to enjoy not driving, staying in one place, and soaking up the sun.... with sunscreen


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

dinner dinner
dinner

Gary cooking up some dorado
'dirty ass killer''dirty ass killer'
'dirty ass killer'

the hostel cat taking a nap


21st February 2010

waves
oh sounds like your all having a great time glad you finally found those big waves!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb