Its been a while and now Im in Nicaragua!!


Advertisement
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After Boquete we went to Panama city and it was horrendous. It was almost worse than San Jose, despite it being the most advanced city in Central America. However, with advancement comes American educated tattoo artists, which is how I got my first tattoo... and its an amazing little black swirly turtle on the back of my neck.

Me and Jen flew to Honduras and parted ways with Ido who flew to Columbia. We stayed in Honduras for two days and had so many bad experiences that we decided to just bus down to Nicaragua. We had run out of money and couldn't get to a bank, so when we got to the border, we didn't have enough money to cross. We tried to switch colones for American, but ended up getting $30 stolen. In Managua we had more issues with our hotel, which we were ushered to by commissioned boys claiming it was indeed the hostel we were looking for. It had no sign and I kept asking everyone staying what is was called and everyone gave me different names. We went out looking for the hostel we wanted to stay at, found it, and then went back to the owners who had lied to us and made a huge scene. I dont think we would have been as assertive as we were, except were getting really tired of the locals in Central America and being screwed over by everyone because were tourists. Eventually however, and I wont go into details how we did it, we were able to get our money back and we left, taking a bus to San Juan Del Sur the next day.

Weve been in San Juan for 6 nights now, and were having a hard time leaving. Its the most beautiful beach town, and the other travellers and foreigners that live here are amazing. We have the best time.

We were with an english girl and two aussies for a few days in the same dorm, and we always went out together and the aussies taught us how to surf.

When they left, we met two Brazilians who started in California and have been working there way back home with an SUV. Weve been surfing with them for three days. The oldest reminds me so much of Bernie Fox, whose been traveling for 2.5 years and surfs all over the world. They kind of have the same demeanor as well.

Our first night here a new sports bar opened on the ocean, and everyone meets there every night.


I love being in this town, away from locals and just enjoying nicaragua.

And I love surfing too!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb