Surf´s up, Al´s down!


Advertisement

Cerro NegroCerro NegroCerro Negro

Ready to embark on some volcano boarding!!
Hey everyone!
We have relocated once again to be close to the ocean. The cities were so beautiful, full of colonial buildings and new smells and noises, but ultimately, we needed to be close to the water!
Since the last entry, we have been busy! We went volcano boarding!! It was really fun! We hiked up the youngest and one of the most active volcanos in Central America. It was basically a big cone-mound of black pebbles with a smouldering sulpheric centre. The winds were high and the dust was flying. We hiked to the very top and boarded down the steep face. Assuming that it was going to be fast and scary (and knowing my not so good snowboarding skills...) I chose to sit. I got so dirty! But it was still a good time. Daredevil Al decided to stand and he breezed past everyone leaving us all dusty and cringing for him not to fall and get the worst road rash ever. He was the superboarder of the bunch! We came back to our hostel and poluted the pool with our dirtiness then, went and had pizza.
Next, we moved on to Granada. We stayed in an old colonial
A bit windy??A bit windy??A bit windy??

It was so windy Al´s tongue was blowing out of his mouth!
building right infront of the busy market. We were woken up every morning to a lady yelling "tortillas! tortillas!". She was relentless. We decided to go to the infamous market in Masaya (a small town outside of Granada). We bought a bunch of local artsy things and Al almost puked at the smells of raw meat that the locals had on display. I must admit, it was one of the grossest things I´ve smelt. It was so hot and they just had it sitting out there... that can´t be healthy. We didn´t eat meat for a couple days... We saw a killer sunest from the top of the bell tower in Granada and treated ourselves and went and saw "Hancock" with spanish subtitles in the movie theatre.
We wanted to meet up with our friend Melissa (whom we met in Guatemala) because we had so much fun with her before, so we zipped down to a small beach town called San Juan del Sur to be reunited with her. This place is awesome! People are so friendly and there are plenty of tourists about (so we feel really safe). This is a renound spot for its surfing and beaches. So...
WeeeeeeeeeeeWeeeeeeeeeeeWeeeeeeeeeee

Lauren is ripping down the black snow!!
we got Al on a board yesterday!! Melissa, her friend Cassie, Al and I all headed to Maderas beach with our rented boards and surfed all day!! It was so much fun. At one point, we realized that we hadn´t eaten and that Al´s nose was the same colour as the tropical flowers growing alongside the beach (red). So we headed back to the town and had an epic german dinner.
Today... Al is down! We had been staying in this place that was pretty nice but next door they burned garbage and it really set Al´s sinuses on a mission. That, combined with the amount of ocean he ate yesterday = new hostel with ac and a rest day for Al. I am on a mission to get a cd burned so that we can actually post some pics. I promise by the end of today, we will be on top of that.
I think tomorrow we will be heading to lake Nicaragua and la isla de ometepe. It is an island in the middle of the lake formed by twin volcanos. Should be cool.
Talk to you all soon!!
xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb