Casa Don Carlos!


Advertisement
Published: December 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

 The Garden The Garden The Garden

Looking from the sitting area through the garden. Benjamin's on the balcony of the master bedroom.
We got a glimpse of the place last week but late yesterday we moved in. I really don't know what to think of living in a house, part of which is not a house but a small garden with two fountains and two parrots. I mean, the kitchen and living areas wrap around the garden on three sides. No walls. When it rains the parrots start singing in the shower.

Melody is afraid that the parrots are only trotted out as ornaments for the customers, and otherwise neglected, not treated as family. That could be true. They don't talk very much, but in the morning one of them squawks "get up!" "get up!" "get up!".

We're glad to have a kitchen with fridge (and coffeemaker) at our disposal for the first time on this trip. And an (old, slow) PC with (fair) internet access. At least it's not dialup. The kids are glad to have a TV (with satellite) for the first time, even though everything but CNN is in Spanish. Including the baseball playoffs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The friendlier parrotThe friendlier parrot
The friendlier parrot

Melody really took to the two big birds, unfortunately not well cared for by American standards.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb