A grand colonial finish


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Nica Baty


Granada - truly the colonial gem of Nica. Our hotel (Casa San Francisco) was a retreat with everything we needed close at hand. We went searching the first night for a nice restaurant, came up with good food, but found out our last night in Granada that we didn't need to go further than outside our hotel door. The restaurant at CSF was some of the best food we had in Nica.

The resident chocoyo, "Sweetie", was just that, but mostly with the boys. Charlie, on the other hand, must have gotten the boy's name because she's sweet on the ladies. They are both pretty social and seem to enjoy the confusion when they talk from the trees.

The view from the bell tower is pretty stunning, especially if you plan for the late afternoon sun. Not only do you get stunning light on the cathedral, beautiful views of the volcanoes in all directions, but also a glimpse into the private oases of the courtyards all around Granada that are hidden by the colonial walls and tiled roofs.

So all in all, a few travel missteps that make a trip a true adventure, a beautiful welcoming country, and some pampering Nica style. Indeed, a scouting trip that leaves at least one of us planning the next visit - Corn Islands here I come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb