nov 26th


Advertisement
Published: November 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so this morning it was the howler monkeys and birds that woke us up, not the local workers. tried to sleep in the hammock, but to no avail. luis set up the van and we also have the belgium couple coming with us in the van. got to the dock and on the boat and met a woman named freuke from holland who told me good things about san juan del sur. sometimes there is just too much information to process and too many places to consider to go and definately not enough time. so then we took a taxi and then a bus and we arrived in grenada and it is so not relaxing. it is very dirty and lots of beggars and vendors. but it is the oldest town in the new world being founded in 1524. also the hostel oasis is very nice and clean. it has a small pool, free coffee, warm showers, book xchange, hammocks, free internet and a free 10 min call home each day. so we walked around town and took lots of pix, ate dinner, had banana splits and tried to relax in the hostel. now we are already planning our escape from the city probably on friday to the beach to get some sun. i will keep you posted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb