Still in transit.... Managua, Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Note –
Due to the lack of snaps taken here, we have decided to put in a few random ones that we haven’t put in the blogs so far that we rather like…..Enjoy!

Managua was the next stop on the way to Granada, and again it was to be a brief stop overnight there. We managed to get a cab easy enough from the bus station upon arrival in Managua, and they took us to our Pre-booked hotel in a quiet safe, part of town. From the moment we arrived in Managua it was raining. We went straight to sleep that night where it continued to rain throughout the night (it woke us up several times), and upon waking in the morning, it was still pelting down. How this place didn’t flood was a miracle.

After we got up, we had our free breakfast, walked to the bus stop (still raining), and jumped on the first bus that had blokes hollering ‘Granada‘ at us.

An hour later we were in Granada….still raining!!

As much as I would like to describe Managua, and tell you if it was as bad as we had been told, or if it was a surprising breath of fresh air, I can’t I’m afraid. What little we did see of Managua was hidden under our raincoat hoods, so I guess we will never know.

All I knew was that I was now bored of travelling without reaching a destination that we wanted to be in, and really wanted to get somewhere we could actually stay at for more than a night or two.

Signing off now as if this is as boring to read as I think then you have suffered enough…!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb