Hotlanta, Here We Come!


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Big life update for Sarah and Rick!

Sarah has chosen to attend Emory Law School next year. Although her initial intention was to defer law school for a year and stay in Nicaragua, Emory has offered an enticing scholarship that would be jeopardized by such a plan. We've decided that it'd be too good to pass up and will be heading north to settle in the South--at least for three years.

Rick has decided to leave his job with Witness For Peace and see what kind of mischief he can find in Georgia.

We are both very sad to leave the wonderful community of friends and companeros who have supported us and from whom we have learned much. However, we look forward to the next chapter, so to speak.

It looks like our target date for arrival in the states will be mid-August. While potentialy not as exotic of a locale as Nicaragua, we look forward to your visits in Atlanta.

Love,
rick-n-stein (as the Dave would say)


p.s. --COMING SOON--an update from Sarah on her latest travels, the transportation strike in Nicaragua, and her most recent experience with Giardia. What fun!

Advertisement



15th May 2008

bay area???
congrats sarah! are you guys gonna come to the bay at all this summer? im gonna be getting back at the same time, and visiting all the homies in norkie...there is room in our reunion tour for yall!
15th May 2008

man, that was such a sad, concise blog. i almost feel bad that you're leaving nica. but, you both are masters of your destinies, and i have no doubt you are following your hearts to something just as good, or better. you have best wishes and greetings from mikey and liz, sophie and ross, kevin and haley, and boner and annika (his wife), and of course, from me. i know you guys dont make it to myspace much and i dont blame you, but its an easy place to post pics on the go, so all the pics i've managed to upload are there if your interested in a painful meandering to the 'space. dont expect any pics of dubai, tragically, and perhaps a bit awesomely, i spent too much time having my flights delayed, and we spent too much time partying when i actually did get there, to take any pics. heres hoping i get a job with adult swim and can join you for some sweet tea and hush puppies in the dirty dirty.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb