Honduras to Belize by ferry W.T.F!


Advertisement
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

When you book a "ferry" for $55 U.S, from one country to another u"d think of a boat with lots of seating, shops for food & drinks & toilets. Not to be!
It was a small h2o taxi with 2 small bench seats either side, that would only fit at max 30 people. We wait on the dock and this tiny boat rocks up & the sea was a bit rough & the captain had huge dramas getting the boat docked, way to enstall confidence mate! Shit will we make it?!

Anyway we get off to a bumpy start but we are cruzin along. Then an engine blows! While we float helpless in the ocean the captain tries to fix it, so we climb up on the roof for a 20 min sunbake. Then were off again, not as fast but still cruzin.
But then it gets rough! We start hitting huge swells and the captain tries to keep up his pass, bone jarring crashes as we hit the massive swells in this tiny boat. He slows down but jess chucks a life jacket on just to be safe! Everyone starts to get ill and a few are spewing over the back. I tell Jess to watch the horizon out the other side of the boat to help feel better.
"I can"t see the horizon" and it was true! The boat was dissapearing in the trough of the swells! After 5 hrs we finally made it to Puerto Portes & very happy to be on land again.

Next stop a little chilled town on the coast to chill for a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



4th February 2009

you need a sleep

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 112; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb