Pictures as promised :)


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Spending a restless night in what we are sure was a haunted hostel we jumped into the back of a 4x4 Jeep, bumping up and down whilst holding on as tight as we could we arrived at the gorgeous jungle river lodge! White water rafting was an experience, our guide was very adventurous and we are sure that it would not be legal if it were anywhere else but here!! First we started by getting into the water and then he led us up and down massive bolders jumping to and from rocks and even into the white water! We jumped into the water from as high as 6 meters which i must say was very nerve racking! The fact that the rock was verticle and he said that if we dont just run and jump in we would slip and fall..... we did succeed tho not once but twice! The whole experience was very thrilling, neither of us fell although im sure guide tried to make us atleast once! We were done by noon and a fruit platter was waiting on us back at the lodge, we enjoyed that with a well deserved beer and an amazing view ready to start the next adventure that afternoon! We decided along with another girl we would hike to a waterfall that would only take "1 hour". a strenous hike that was and took us about 2 hours we finally made it and wow was it worth it! Exhausted we spent a lovely quiet night at the lodge with some scrumptious food and some card games, it felt like our own little retreat! We headed back the following day and jumped on the ferry to hop over to Utila for my birthday week! The ferry was quite big, well massive in comparrison to all the other boat trips we have been on so we had to hesitations heading straight for the front seats with the view of the ocean infront not knowing why those seats were readily available!! 10 mins into our 1 hour boat journey we felt like we were on a ocean fair ride, ruffling for my travel tablets and struggling to move seats i closed my eyes whilst steve sweated his tits off for the next 40 mins. Bags were coming out left, right and center but were glad to say we were the minority that made it off the boat with our lunch still in our bellys!

Utila is a beautiful island and after recovering from our awful journey we just wanted to get to the closest place to stay! Luckily, well not for our bank accounts, the only room left and this place was the ocean front balcony room after negotiating on the price we chose to stay for 2 nights! Wow the view was amazing! Deciding to keep the patio doors open for the evening to let the ocean breeze flow in i woke up with 84 yes 84 sand fly bites on just one leg!!!! Not knowing what they were i spent the next couple days trying to resist the itch. As they got worst and knowing it was my birthday in the next couple days we hunted for a clinic! Well that was an experience! We waited for 8 hours outside a clinic waiting for my name to be called and to find out i had an extreme allergic reaction to the retched sand flies!!! A cortizon shot was needed and i was told to wait for the doctor to see me. Dr. John rocked up with his shades on and his shirt unbuttoned and with his stethiscope hanging from his neck in a hippie like fashion. Filled with confidence we went into his treatment room where i was told to lie face down to recieve my cortizone shot! ...... In the ARSSSEEEE ArGGhhh, Steve giggling in the background and Dr John asking us where we were going for drinks that night the whole experience was certainly an interesting one creating some fun. I am pleased to say 4 days later, they are almost healed 😊 leaving a few scars, bumps and itchy bits!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Swimming from rock to rock..Swimming from rock to rock..
Swimming from rock to rock..

My legs were long enough to jump!!!!!


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb