sea turtles


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

our dives were cancelled for yesterday afternoon. one of my classmates became ill and the UK was playing in the world cup. my instructor is english so he could not fathom the idea of missing the game.

we did our first two open water dives this morning. amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the first dive was a bit scary for me and i spent most of the 50 minutes underwater playing with my buoyancy and equalizing the pressure in my ears. so i did not enjoy it as much as the second dive. the second dive i was much more relaxed and more skilled with buoyancy. i was able to be fully present and to enjoy the brilliant sea creatures around me. at one point a large sea turtle swam up to the reef and started snacking on the reef. we hovered and watched him for about five minutes....we were only about 4 feet away from him and he did not care a bit. he just munched away as we stared at him. lol....

katie, kamie and i went to see the davinci code tonight....the movie theatre is a big screen television in a bar. it's very cool. but i decided to leave after a few minutes...once i sat down, i realized how exhausted i am. i partied pretty *good* last night and had to wake up early for dive school...then we had 2 exhausting dives this afternoon. tomorrow is going to be a long day so after i write this i am going home and going to bed. our boat leaves at 6:45am...fortunately the pier is right outside my cabana so i don't have to walk far. lol... then we do two more open water dives in the morning...the last of my training dives, afterwards i will be certified. then there are some fun dives in the afternoon. followed by a HUGE party. we will be celebrating our certification and also a big group of folks will be finishing their divemaster certifications tomorrow so it is going to be a blast. it's also katie's bday so we will be celebrating that as well.

then on friday i am heading to eastern honduras. la mosquita...jungle..amazon. i probably won't have internet access while i'm there so i'll be out of touch for a bit. it seems that katie and kamie are interested in visiting this area as well, so we will continue to travel together. i'm glad...i'm not ready to leave them yet, we are having a great time. we are going to hitch a ride on a cargo ship to get to la mosquita....i'm excited. it will take us about 16 hours to get there by boat.

well time for me to go to bed. the bugs are starting to bite and i left my bug spray at home.

talk to you all later!!!

~~~love & hugs~~~

UPDATE: i'm officially certified! we did our last two dives this morning....we dove around a sunken ship which was really cool to see how aquatic life had taken over the ship. beautiful!!!

Advertisement



22nd June 2006

I love sea turtles! They are the cutest creatures. Wow Sounds like so much fun!!!
27th June 2006

Glad to hear you have a couple of friends to hang out with! Congrats on your diving certification! I'll bet that is so neat once you get the hang of it. Dad and I had a cloudy, stormy weekend at the Charlesworth, but still had a great time. Thanks again!! I'll give Ruthie a kiss for you today. And everyone else too! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in the jungle!! Love You!!
29th June 2006

I have a dive buddy!!!!!
YAY!! Rachie has a new dive buddy!! Cant wait to plan our first diving adventure together! Where will we go? Where ever it is I know we will have a GREAT time together. Miss you!! Bubs

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb