Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Roatan


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hola,
We have made it to Roatan in the Bay Islands after a long 7 hour bus ride and a 2 hour ferry. THe bus was first class though, so it had AC and a movie. It was much better than the Greyhounds in the US.

The sun is really hot here in Roatan. THe weather everywhere else has been 70's but now we are on the coast in the lowlands and it is HOT! We splurged and got the room with the A/C. Unfortunately, the electric company, which runs on power generated from a large deisel engine, turns off the electricity in town occassionally to conserve.

Tomorrow we will take a refresher Scuba course in the morning and do a dive in the afternoon. Today, we will do a little snorkeling. There is a beach you can get to by boat and a beautiful reef off the coast.

It is very peaceful here in the day, but at night there are quite a few bars and restaurants full of Gringos. We have one more week of our trip. I will be back on the 9th. I can't wait to have a slide show. I'll have to choose the best pictures though. I've already taken over 400. THere's always something interesting here to take a picture of.

Hasta La Vista,
K & B

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb